The curriculum will combine methodologies of 2 pedagogies of Orff Schulwerk and Kodály Method to build a playful musical environment for kids to learn musical skills through play. A typical class will include "hello song", " rhythm", " in-tune singing", "body movement time, " fun activities", "puppets and props play”, "Instrument play", "Storytime", "goodbye song".
Music sources will 90% focus on Mandarin songs, rhymes and communication. We also introduce music from all around the world through music listening and movement time. Kids Go Mandarin is particularly designed for children from 0-6 years old who would like to learn Mandarin. Each class is 45 minutes. The caregiver needs to participate together.
~ What is Orff Schulwerk? and what is Kodály method? ~
♦ 3 Weeks Kids Go Mandarin Holiday Series
It is the time to celebrate the Holiday season!
♦ Winter Semester 2020:
- Children under 8 months(0-7 months) of age at the start of class may attend FREE with a paid sibling.
- The discounts for multiple children apply to siblings registered in the same class only.
- This discount for siblings reflects the fact that each family has one registration fee and only receives one set of materials.
- Unrelated children must be registered separately.
教室守則 (Class rules)：
1. 課堂上請不要聊天、如果需要聊天可以在課堂開始前或結束後，我們希望在這45分 鐘完整的提供良好的音樂環境給到小朋友們，也請不要在課堂上使用手機。
8.請各位家庭如果提前知道不能來上課，請提早和老師溝通，也方便我們提前把位置開放給其他需要補課的家庭。email to KidsGoMandarin@gmail.com .
9.如果孩子生病了, 請讓孩子在家休息，並利用其他上課時間進行補課。我們的學生群都是學齡兒童，非常重視疾病預防! 請家長們自行斟酌。
1. No talking in class. “Show don’t Tell.” Show your child how to use their singing voice vs speaking voice. This will help the children to remain focused.
2. No cell phones/text messages/cameras during class.
3. One child could come with both parents.
4. Due to an increase in food allergies in children, we ask everybody to have a snack before or after class and to leave all the foods and drinks at the entrance area or outside the classroom.
5. Don’t worry about your child’s participation, as long as your child is safe and engaged. Your participation serves as the most important role model for your child. Children learn by observing those around them.
6. Kids are welcome to walk around but for safety reasons, no running in the class.
7. It is normal if children cry during the class, parents could take children to the other room or stand outside the door to calm down children, then come back to the circle.
8. Please listen to music anytime, anywhere to enforce the Mandarin learning ability.
9. If you know you are going to miss classes, please schedule your absent date and make-up dates by email to KidsGoMandarin@gmail.com in advance.
10. If you have a sick child, please stay home and schedule a make-up class and help keep our class healthy and happy.